This recipe was submitted by Mannaneh Duval from Toronto, Canada
2 cups white flour
1 ½ cup coconut sugar (2 cups if you like your cake very sweet)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons dry shredded coconut
1-1/4 cup Fused Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil
1-1/4 cup whole milk
1 ½ tablespoons Tangerine Dark Balsamic Vinegar
¼ cup orange juice (fresh squeezed and strained is preferred)
3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
3 large eggs
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Oil/Butter/Spray a 9” round cake pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a large bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients as you continue to whisk
- Pour your batter into the bowl and into the oven it goes.
- After an hour insert a fork/toothpick/tip of a knife in the middle of your cake to see if it is done baking, it should come out clean if the cake is done. If it’s not continue to bake and check at 15 minute intervals. The top of the cake should be golden and crispy when it’s done.
- Let the cake cool down before removing from the pan. I usually let the cake cool for another hour or more outside the pan before serving it but this is not necessary if you are serving it warm with a side of vanilla ice-cream.
Optional Chocolate Sauce:
Melt some dark baking chocolate with the Blood Orange olive oil and some heavy cream. Once you have a runny but thick sauce you can drizzle it on the cake and ice cream.